N.p.: n.p., 1964
22 x 27cm (approx.), 2pp offset diecut card to resemble the outline of an open hand. The text on the front of the card translated into “No more grass grows where it hits” and on the reverse the text in translation says:
“”Before grass grows over it, you’ll hear the grass grow, then see how no grass grows where it hits, if you don’t bite the grass in the meantime: ”
Instructions for use:
1. Pour potting soil into the bowl.
2. Place my punched left hand diagonally on top.
3. Sow grass seeds regularly on the above soil.
4. Carefully remove hand without leaving seeds on the unseeded Earth surface falls.
5. Water and place on a sunny window ledge.
6. Water carefully, but not excessively, for about three weeks.”
An early instruction work by Spoerri which was originally exhibited in the “J” gallery in Paris in April 1964.
This is one of only 50 ink signed and numbered examples and is in VG+ condition. Clearly rare.